Last Update: January 2023
dub Community Guidelines
dub is a mobile trading application (the “dub app”) open to users in the United States who use it to place trades, build portfolios, and otherwise meet their financial needs (“Users”). dub is also a social network of Users engaged in posting social Content (“Social Content”) which may include, but is not limited to, the sharing of ideas, strategies, and funny memes. As a social network, our Users understand their responsibility in keeping dub a community open and free from misuse.
The guidelines below are meant to help Users understand and acknowledge what is acceptable and what is prohibited on the dub app. However, dub ultimately reserves the right to remove, disallow, block or delete any Social Content in its sole discretion.
dub disclaims any and all liability in connection with User Social Content. Dub will not be liable for unauthorized use of Social Content by any User. By posting Social Content on the dub app, the User affirms, represents, and warrants that he/she will fully comply with the dub Community Guidelines.
Abusive and Objectionable Social Content
dub Users will never intentionally bully, intimidate, or harass any other User on the dub app or post Social Content that is: hateful, threatening, unlawful, abusive, tortious, defamatory, false, libelous, vulgar, obscene, invasive of another User’s privacy, racially or ethnically objectionable, pornographic, discriminatory, and/or incites violence (including suicide), or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence (collectively “Abusive and Objectionable Social Content”).
The posting of Abusive and Objectionable Social Content may result in suspension or termination of your User account. You acknowledge and agree that the dub app provides you with the ability to flag Abusive and Objectionable Social Content, and that dub has no obligation to remove or take any action with respect to Abusive and Objectionable Social Content on the dub app that you flag for us.
Market Abuse Prohibition
dub Users will never:
- Post misleading information on the dub app about his/her skills, expertise, performance, or portfolio(s);
- Offer direct investment advice to any User, or post a comment that could be interpreted as investment advice under the circumstances they were given;
- Promote, offer for sale or sell any product or service, including, without limitation, any security or other financial or investment product or service
- Post any Social Content constituting third-party advertising;
- Call Users to action to either buy or sell a security (as an example “invest in”, “Buy the Dip”, “Apes Together Strong”);
- Entice others to trade or invest or attempt to create volatile market situations;
- Provide other Users with instructions or recommendation on specific trades or how to trade; and
- Post or spread misinformation in an attempt to distort the financial markets, or otherwise manipulate Users on the dub app.
The posting of Social Content that is deemed by dub, in its sole discretion, to be manipulative in any way or otherwise violate dub’s market abuse prohibition may result in immediate suspension or termination of the User’s account.
Other Prohibited Social Content
Users acknowledge and agree that these Guidelines are not meant to be exhaustive, and regardless of intent, Users may not engage in activity that: (i) is unlawful, including, without limitation, that violates regulations promulgated by the SEC, FINRA, or other regulatory entities; (ii) violates or infringes on third party intellectual property rights pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “Copyright Act”); or (iii) violates contractual or fiduciary obligations the User might have outside of its activities on the dub app.
If you believe a User’s Social Content is in violation of these Community Guidelines, you may report the User by sending an email to email@example.com subject line: Community Guidelines Reporting.